let's be honest, sometimes it's the most convenient. if you find yourself more at ease in the laundry room, or the local mat - this is how we recommend washing your jeans.
1) turn your jeans inside out
2) set washing machine to gentle cold (or other cold-water wash method - the less agitation the better)
3) let the machine begin to fill, add detergent
4) place your jean by itself in the washing machine
5) when the wash cycle is complete, pull jeans out and turn right-side out, shake or smooth any wrinkles or creases in fabric (to protect the unique character of your jeans, you can remove them before the spin cycle)
6) hang jeans to dry. if you're in a rush or prefer the dryer, go ahead and throw them in on tumble dry, no heat